Saturday, March 20, 2010

Woah, this week flew by in a whirlwind. I have spent most of the week outside with my girls. I am going to keep this short so that I can get to bed before three a.m.

As I was going to write in the last entry, I have been overcoming some obstacles and checking off mini victories. I already mentioned the fact that I told my mother to never speak to me again. Other such victories to mention are as follows: 1) I attended the Seventh Annual Total Woman Conference free of charge since my business coach offered me the opportunity to do some prep work for the conference ahead of time. Last Thursday, I stuffed gift bags with another volunteer. This reminded me of how much I enjoy doing behind the scenes work preparing for events.

The conference was all about money. Money (and mother) has been the theme of March—woman's month. Boy have I been working on rewiring my brain about money. As saturn continues to sit on my natal moon, I continue to learn what I don't know about money. Interestingly, I am not in fear now. Like most people, I fear the unknown but this time I am excited by it. Having some information about money (or how the mainstream views it) enables me to better imagine myself having it. I really need it now as I want to take the sixty hour business course at CAMBA.

Having experienced a very moving moment from Joyce Moy, I cried as she recounted how her mother and baby brother were sitting on a couch on the street, having been evicted before she got home from school. She emphasized that MONEY IS A TOOL. That statement made all the sense in the world to me. I like tools. I like to use tools to make my life easier. The key phrase for Capricorn is I USE.

During the conference, I got a chance to do exercises to undo some of the feelings of discomfort I feel when imagining myself with large amounts of money.

I learned many new things, got reinforcement for some things I already knew and unlearned some of what I no longer need on this journey.

2) I got matched with a lawyer from the call I put in to Legal Aid. I am reading the Letter of Engagement carefully as the second paragraph warns me to do. I am relieved that I am getting help pro bono and will be sure not to incur any unnecessary costs (which means I will not incur ANY costs).

3) It turns out that the banksters who are suing me are in a world of trouble of their own. Higher ups are in jail for drug smuggling, fraud, embezzlement and just about every other crime you can imagine.
The clerk told me that I have noting to worry about even though I am representing myself.

Yesterday, I listened to a webinar by Barbara Bellissimo called How to Ask for Money. I can't say that I was swept off my feet from the webinar or laser coaching (or the coachee, for that matter). I did, however, download The Ten Biggest Fears Women Have (I have all ten of them) and How to Overcome Them so this is what I am going to read before going to bed.

PS So much for keeping it short, but at least I am keepin' it real...

No comments:

Post a Comment