Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

I figured I had better add a New Year's blog entry before January 2 sneaks up on me fewer than thirty minutes. New Year's Eve was spent with the girls all day running around trying to keep them (and me) out of as much trouble as possible. We arrived a full two hours after my original projection to a kid-friendly french party a couple blocks away. Everyone there was either french, francophone and bi-racial if they were a child or if an adult, the woman was noire, the mari français. I rang in the New Year sans beau because he had a gig Upstate four hours away. It was fun, speaking French and peppering my usual party conversation with lots o' fascinating astrological facts. My girls were, for the most part so happy to be out partying late. The older of the two was in a wonderful mood,they both were so proud to be dressed like princesses (although the younger refused at first to leave in the house in the vestments she had on. She wanted to be as glittery and pink as her older sister. After a short tussle and random last minute search, we were able to depart with her content to wear the new Christmas butterfly sequin get up I snatched last minute at Daffy's). Fast forward to getting home, the party next door (as in Duplex next door) which had been in full swing since five o'clock, showed no signs of neither slowing or quieting down. I told one of my neighbors I would most likely stop by when the girls were tucked away (obviously oblivious to the racket from the excitement before). I thought I'd climb through the window from our shared balcony say Happy New Year and leave but of course ended up staying for several hours. By the time I hit the hay, that darned Sun was popping up and I was doomed to spend today recovering with only three and a half hours of sleep. I am thankful that New Year's Eve only comes once a year as this type of partying is not conducive to productivity and ideal parenting...
Well, I rarely get out past seven pm these days, and in the spirit of the First Quarter Aries Moon, I threw caution to the wind. Now it's time to get down to some serious discipline (and finish up the one chart I have been writing about in this blog for months) and persistence, consistency and prayer. I am ready to face this year head on. Two minutes to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment