Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mercurial Madness at the end of May (well beginning of Gemini June)

Tuesday, 12:12 am. I just downed Caramel Vanilla Lipton (two tea bags, as their pyramid shaped organza-like bags contain paltry amounts of leaves). Not long before, I polished off a Vitamin Water bottle full of refrigerated Free Trade coffee I made this morning. My back up plan was to go back to school (after all, all those ads on Facebook telling me Obama wants moms to go back to school must mean something, right?) to get a psych degree, probably in Child Psychology seeing how there's going to be an increased need (especially for those who are bilingual in French) for these professionals up until 2014, as I discovered from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Anyway, my mind has changed now since I am gathering up that much needed information on my target market. Writing papers, citing others who have parsed together boring bullshoot has never been my favorite pasttime (unlike what I am doing right here in this blog). I just want to do it already. What IT is, I don't know. After looking at my sister-in-law's website, I marvel at how much she has achieved in just five years. I know I need to get my ass moving (nothing to inspire an underachiever Capricorn like an overachieving Virgo). There's no turning my back on my astrological business.

Since my last post, I decided that my target market is iPhone Moms in the U.S., who are ages 25-50, income 45K to 100K, multi-tasking, connection-craving, and life-planning. I have no idea of what my USP (Unique Selling Proposition) will be, but one fact that glares at me from my computer screen is that the astrological sites and apps—birth data aside—are woefully un-interactive. I have learned that people become much more engaged with a brand (more marketing b.s.) when they actually have something to do! HA HA! Duh! I also learned that women in America, two years my senior spend more time social gaming than any other age group. HMMMM. Now I am not so ashamed for spending six hours a day playing Bejeweled. I gotta stop that so I can build this business and become bejeweled.

Currently, I am trying to tap into my mercury in aquarius and think of that next brilliant idea. Using my exalted mercury, dignified in the third house along with my sun of business creativity, I should be able to knock it out of the park after surveying my competition.

(I figure it's a good idea to balance the weak-point blog posts with some strong-point posts so I keep my chart descriptions in balance which = moon in Libra)

The whole child psych thing came up because my daughter had to wait so long to get her eval which finally happened this past Saturday. Now the battling for her really begins. I  freaked out tonight when I saw that she had made a small hole in the duct tape I used to cover the door frame (containing a layer of lead paint underneath). I still have confidence that her lead level will go down again during the next test, and her language capabilities will go up within a few weeks of therapy.

BTW, please pray that we find a place by June 15th.


No comments:

Post a Comment