Thursday, February 18, 2010

astrologyblog

Today I went to a great class called Marketing Like A Pro at CAMBA, less than a ten minute walk from my apartment. I had NO idea that CAMBA had 55 locations in Brooklyn and a $70,000,000 annual budget. This was one of the best classes I have ever attended, anywhere, period. Before arriving, I didn't know what to expect. The title of the course itself seemed a little cheesy but I really feel like the class lived up to its name. And it was FREE. Only in New York. We really do have the best and worst of everything here. This free class was a better deal than an MBA Marketing class at Harvard (not dissing Harvard, but free is a better deal by default). The instructor started off by asking us what we wanted to cover in the course. We had thirteen points on the board—they were all covered in detail and I learned more about marketing in those two and a half hours than I have learned in my entire lifetime.

The first day I started this blog, I mentioned that I was working on the marketing section in my business plan. I have been gathering information but haven't been able to visualize the structure needed to execute the plan, nevermind convey it on paper. But now I can do it. And I am scared. The world of possibilities continues to reveal itself to me each day. And for that, I am grateful. Feeling like I am finally headed where I need to go, I vacillate between elation, excitement and tears of joy/fatigue, and being frightened (how the hell am I going to get this done?). I realized after taking this class that I have to go back to the drawing board and revisit my target market demographics.

The planet Mercury rules over Wednesday (in French, Wednesday is mercredi). Mercury rules Virgo and Gemini. I met a Virgo wedding planner who I think I can work with and vice versa (more on this later). Use Wednesdays and mercury hours for learning, research, and transferring information. Fait accompli.

Finally, on this day (well, now it's technically yesterday) I went downtown and taped up a couple of flyers around the area where I lost my camera. I hope the police don't call me (yes, I printed my phone number) tomorrow morning saying that I committed a federal offense by posting flyers on private property ( a subway entrance, a telephone booth). I was desperate to do something to alleviate my grief. If I go to jail, at least I will have a lot of time to plan. Siiiigggh.

No comments:

Post a Comment