Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ugh. Neptune, you swampy water god

I am heartbroken. Saturday was my toddler's third birthday so we went to a Family Art Making Day at BRIC—a Brooklyn gallery. I took a grand total of three pictures and remember putting the camera back into its carrying case before returning it to my backpack. After we left, someone tapped me on the back saying my bag was open and of course the camera fell out but I didn't realize this until today. Priceless pictures gone forever. Losing things has always been a past time of mine.
Neptune in the first house makes be prone to daydreaming, confusion, forgetfulness and disorganization. The positive traits I get from this placement include daydreaming, escapism (speaking of which, I sure could use a drink right about now*), imagination, mystical tendencies, ability to tune into psychic energy, artistic and musical ability. I am kind of too upset to write now. I cried a little because I felt a loss for the pictures of my kids. The only way I felt a little better after posting a lost ad on craigslist and seeing that I am not the only one who has recently lost something of value. Someone actually posted that they found an envelope with a thousand dollars in it!  My belief in humanity has been temporarily been restored but I am still aching in the heart area. My husband bought that camera for me to photograph our baby. Sighhhhh.

OK so I really need to just post this. Remember how yesterday I mentioned I have trouble sustaining my energy levels? I got a chance to listen to February 9th's edition of James' Martinez's show with Richard Bandler who helps severely mentally ill or phobic people get rid of psychological problems really quickly (I need to see him myself!). For over forty years, Bandler has studied the techniques used by successful people and how they control their thought patterns and how they harness their behaviors in order to be successful. Interestingly, he mentions that the people who are finishers become MORE motivated as they get closer to their finished results and they don't wait till the last minute to do things (hmm, the opposite of my usual tactics).

I am going to force the more evolved side of Neptune to prevail at the moment so, it's better if I work on my moon app art now. Maybe I will design a flyer to hang up around downtown.

Going to a free business seminar tomorrow. I hope it inspires...

* I chose to finish my broccoli soup with a dash of port in it and drink a cup of British Blend Tetley tea instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment