Thursday, October 13, 2011

Martian Melancholic Moon Still Eclipses Energetic Emanations

Another day lacking energy. Going on a month battling with kid who wants to sleep in my bed at night–we are all worn out. Actually not going to talk about that here.

Having four hours of sleep put me in a kind of low mood. This evening, I cheered myself up by going to a champagne tasting of the Veuve Cliquot Grande Dame at Astor Wines and the Union Square Sephora to get free samples of American (!) perfumes--Be Delicious and Golden Delicious by DKNY,  and Happy Heart by Clinique. On an interactive screen which I have never noticed before, I watched very illuminati-inspired, sexually charged mini-movies for mostly European fragrances with one of the older Sephora employees. She was utterly delighted by the sensuality while I felt that a month of dissecting media through the lens of Vigilant Citizen left me unimpressed and annoyed. Still, my mood was lifted by smelling a dozen fragrances sans coffee beans. The Sephora employee and I discovered both of us worked for a certain Estee Lauder company and vowed never purchase a product from them again (although I probably have since they own almost every American fragrances and quite a few fragrance products).

Searching for my personal fragrances using that interactive screen, I found out that I am a lover of herbal, and chypre. Personally, I always felt that my main love of fragrance centered around the floral notes. Ah well. Herbal and chypre is all Earth and sensuality. Some of the suggestions for fragrances that would go well with my "psychological responses" were correct (Clinique Aromatics Elixir and Happy Heart). I was most impressed by Especially Escada and will obtain samples of that one next visit.

At the moment, I am excited to execute my little Scorpionic Plan for Sephora's Firmenich Sensorium. Apparently two million women have stopped wearing fragrance. None of the articles are mentioning why. When women tell me they don't wear fragrance I have been intent on asking the reason. Of course I don't know why two million have stopped but I do know why several hundred have.

I should try to attend the Sensorium twice, once to experience it myself and once to interview people. Until then I need to figure out exactly what I need to ask the visitors (without getting caught) and how I would like to educate people (including myself) on the importance of wearing fragrance.

After Sephora, I headed over to Barnes and Noble next door and ordered a Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte (not plugging Starbucks here but hey on four hours of sleep you gotta get something). Did not detect one milliliter of pumpkin flavor so the barista kindly made me another to go with the one I already had. Yes I drank two Pumpkin Spiced Lattes tonight and that is the only reason I am up blogging right now...Reality sets in to remind me that I do need to get my kid dressed and on the school bus in fewer than six hours so I will be saying goodnight right about now.

On a final note, the effects of this full moon will linger another day or so then it will be time to see what my attempts at social marketing will yield as the waning moon approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment